-1 min cat cow stretch
Quadrupedal warm up WOD. Complete about 40s of each of the following:
1: Crab walk with in the direction of your feet.
A) keep hips as high as possible at all times. (aim for hips above knees)
B) reach backward strongly with the arms
2: Quadrupedal walk with same-side limbs moving forward simultaneously
A) OK to walk on knuckles if that is more comfortable
3: Quadrupedal walk where both arms move simultaneously, then both legs move
simultaneously (looks like a kangaroo quad walk)
A) Get feet as far in front of hands as possible
B) OK to walk on knuckles if that is more comfortable
4: Straight limbed quadrupedal walk
A) Use regular contralateral-transverse quadrupedal gait
B) Keep elbows and knees straight
C) Walk on open palms. No knuckle walking or straight wrists
5: Quadrupedal gait staying as low to the ground as possible
A) Extend arms straight out in front (shoulder to ear) with chest as close to
ground as possible
A) Keep legs and arms straight
25 min EMOM (5 Rounds) Work for target or a max of 45 s in each minute. Reps should be slow and maximize range of motion. No need to rush to complete on time.
– 5 reps outside inside outside back https://youtu.be/YyrH3NQ2g8w?t=27
-5 arch hollow roll. 1 rep = roll in both directions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTumBpjs3fk
– max rock n roll to squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FC6c_orTpU
-5 sideways long hollow roll * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxgdwoRQKE 1 rep = both sides
– 5 stiff legged windmill with weight each side ** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA0aQ-x_VA0
* Long hollow roll.
1) stay hollow at all times during the rep
2) you may adjust the intensity by rolling up onto either the knees, the forearms or both
** stiff legged windmill with dumbbell – Both legs remain locked and straight at all times.
– Keep the dumbbell above the supporting shoulder.
– If DB is in left hand, you can turn the right foot out (supinate) if you have limited mobility