Today is our third revisit our “”rockclimbing”” WOD from March 31. If you found that WOD challenging, this is a good chance to see how you have progressed with some of our lockdown targets. Especially given our focus on body control with the pistol development and goblet squat series
Please review movements before starting, so you’ll know what you need and where you need to be.
I’ll link you to time points in the routine to help you follow along
– wrist series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvhTMp28-s8 If you have been doing the writs series regularly you can begin to experiment with the next level, which is the wall. I’d recommend placing a yoga mat, towel, T-shirt or some other protection on the wall. Do the exercises on the wall while standing in hollow body position. How much you lean into the wakk will adjust the pressure on your wrists.
– plank with 10 external rotations (1:04 at https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=64)
– 5 slow controlled pushups. Keep elbows in https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=71
WOD. Coaches aim for people to do one movement every 90s. Use long rest periods to ensure emphasis on quality of motion
Take time to help clients through their setup. We’ll revisit this about once a month, but taking the investment to work through the kinks here will make a lot of shelter in place easier over the next few months
– 3 sets of 10 perfect pushups. Scaling options here https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=80
– 8 wrist circles in each direction https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=150
-45s downward facing dog
-3 sets of wall walks (1 to 3 reps per set).
Stay hollow. If only doing one rep, try for a 10s handstand hold at the top of the rep
-1 min crab position https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=231
If you have trouble getting hips up, use the rocking table stretch from GB thoracic bridge series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LShZtfxPBV8
-45s sphinx pose https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=236 .
Keep shoulders away from ears and open your chest. Look up if you have the mobility
– Bridge rotations. 3 sets of 6 reps (3 per arm) https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=282
Think of these as an application of “twisting bear” from the GB thoracic bridge series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI4NT9mVmmA
Scale by using a wall https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=244
Or scale by using ¾ rotations https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=267
-10 scapular pushups
– Tuck planche: 3 sets of 10 seconds
Scale using high elevation like chairs https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=319
Low elevation like blocks or parallettes https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=332
Or going from the floor if you have the capacity https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=344
-10 pike squat
-1 min standing pike stretch from our GB front split series
– L-sit: 3 sets of 10 seconds
Scale using chairs and a tuck https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=381
Straight legs and a ledge https://youtu.be/ChGP5ahvvN4?t=393
Keeping toes at hip level https://www.youtube.com/?t=404
– 10 by 10s squat descent. Feel free to use arms overhead option. Barefoot recommended
– pistol prep progression from the bottom of the squat.
Lean to one side (e.g., right) and try to begin lifting other side foot (e.g., left) off the floor.
Lean to the next side (e.g., left) and repeat the process with the other foot.
Alternate sides for 15 to 20 reps.
Start lightly and progressively increase effort and range of motion with each rep.
-2 sets of 10 s per leg at the bottom of a pistol https://www.youtube.com/?t=440
Scale by holding onto an object or using a counter weight.
Hold at a position of stability. Keep your spine as straight as you can and don’t collapse in the bottom of the pistol. It’s OK if you have to hold the single leg squat without reaching bottom position
– Pistol (single leg squat) 3 sets of 10 reps https://www.youtube.com/?t=498
Scale using single leg deck squat (rolling pistol) https://www.youtube.com/?t=483
Single leg deck squat using both legs for final extension https://www.youtube.com/?t=458
Speed skater squats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slXwjk2V8GQ
Next you need something to hang/pull off of
– 20 scapular pulls https://www.youtube.com/?t=530
– Strict Pull ups 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps https://www.youtube.com/?t=562
Scale using jumping negatives https://www.youtube.com/?t=542