Summer is going strong so far and we are looking forward to yet another month of amazing fitness. August is going to be amazing!
***Please be on the lookout for some schedule changes in September. We will be adding a new bootcamp class Friday afternoons at 4:30 pm. Kettle bell club will be held Wednesday evenings instead of Tuesdays. ***
Updates, Events and Workshops:
Our last skateboarding session of the season starts September 9 and ends September 23. With Ted Schwallie coaching these classes, they are sure to be a blast! We have had such a great time so far coaching camps this summer! We have had campers gain confidence of the board, learn how to drop in, and many new friendships have been made! Cost is $50 for 3 classes on Saturday mornings. If the course dates don’t work with your schedule we offer private sessions or we can also prorate you for classes that you can attend. For more information on cost, dates and sign ups, please click here: Skateboarding
- Our seasonal Free Running Club meets every Sunday at 9:30 am! At PDXstrenth Run Club sessions, you’ll find encouragement, guidance, and a local crew of runners that’s main purpose is to socialize, get a little sweaty, and enjoy 2-4 miles at a comfortable pace. We’re not out to race, we just really like running with great people. All you’ll need to get going is a good pair shoes,a smile, and a signed waiver. There is no cost to join, just sign up so our coaches know who is coming! This is for PDXstrength members and nonmembers.“I’ve really noticed a difference in my recovery and how much easier running is in workouts from participating in run club. It’s also been great to explore new areas that I normally wouldn’t have by myself.”Sign up for sessions here: Run Club
- If you want to get started at PDXstrength our PDX101 foundation series are the way to go! We have one more evening summer session that starts the end of August. Don’t miss your chance to enroll before these series fill up! PDX101 is our foundation series that will meet you at your current fitness level and get you prepared for our Group Strength and Conditioning classes. Cost is $220 for 16 classes, plus free access to Open gym, kettle bell, yoga, run club, and bootcamp classes for the duration of 101! Get started with this link: PDX101. Don’t wish a year from now, you started today!
- Our Sunday morning Yoga Class is designed to help our athletes improve their flexibility, mobility, and breath work. Yoga has amazing benefits, and will truly compliment the work we do at PDXstrength! Yoga classes are included with PDXstrength membership and free to non members as well. This class is free until September, so please bring a friend, family member, or neighbor to share the joys of Yoga! We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we won’t have Yoga on August 20, and August 27. You can sign up for Yoga here: Yoga
Have you tried one of our Stand Up Paddling fitness classes yet? For the month of August classes are only $39 including the use of a board! Stand up paddle boarding (SUP) is low impact, a great workout, and gets you on the water enjoying nature. These unique workouts will be a great way to spice things up, enjoy the outdoors and try something new! Beat the heat and get on the water for some fun, unique fitness! For more information on our SUP program and sign ups : Stand Up Paddle Board Classes
- Weightlifting classes will be back this September 13. Improve your power, speed, strength, and flexibility with Olympic-style weightlifting! This 6 week course will cover the Olympic lifts, the snatch and the clean & jerk, as well as assistance exercises for Olympic Weightlifting. Sign up for weightlifting here: Olympic Weightlifting
- Congrats to Justin Cook for being our August member of the month! Justin has consistently worked hard over the years at PDXstrength! Have you seen this guy do pull-ups ? Justin comes to class each day with a great attitude and is good about listening to his body. He moves with intention and is super coachable and positive. Give Justin a big high five next time you see him in class!
- Hey Team, our gym will be participating in the Everyday Warrior Battle Series this coming September. Our goal is to get 25 members signed up. So far we have 7 members! The battle series is a 3 week online challenge that raises money to help out fellow athletes battling cancer. Please consider signing up, no matter what your fitness level is, I promise that everyone can participate. Every year this event brings our gym community together, and since we are doing the workouts anyway, you might as well sign up! Kate Nolan made this awesome sign up sheet for the gym. For more information and to sign up, click here: Everyday Warrior Battle Series
- Save the Date for Sunday, September 24 for the Lift Up Autism charity workout. This”competition for a cause” specifically sought to support early diagnosis and treatment of Autism, raise funds for the Autism Tree Project Foundation in San Diego, and most importantly, turn a global spotlight on the measured and severe impact of Autism on families and individuals around the world. We had a blast last year participating in this event, and we are looking forward to an even larger turnout this year! Stay tuned for when the signups are released.
- ** To thank all of over amazing members, we will be hosting an end of the summer party at PDXstrength with free karaoke, beer and free pizza on Friday, September 8, at 7:30 pm. Bring your favorite adult beverages (we will provide your first beer), and get ready to grub on some pizza and rock the mike! PDXstrength has some members pretty talented at karaoke, so start practicing!**
- **Future Workshops to look forward to: Handstands with Ari, Gym Newbie with Jen, and our popular series Build a Better Booty!**