PDX 101 is designed to give you a good grasp of our group strength and conditioning classes at PDXstrength, no matter what your current fitness level is.
- Learn the fundamental movements used in group training classes: squat, hinge, press, push, pull, lunge, jump, run, row and more.
- Acclimate yourself to the intensity levels of PDXstrength classes at a pace that’s perfect for you.
- Learn about nutrition, recovery and hydration.
- Become familiar with dynamic and static stretching techniques for joint mobility and muscle flexibility
- Learn safe and proper technique for barbell movements like the back squat, front squat, press and deadlift.
- Be introduced to more advanced gymnastics and kettlebell movements.
- Start to learn the the basics of Olympic weightlifting, like the snatch, clean and jerk.
- Gradually perform tougher and challenging metcons that will improve your overall fitness level and expose you to high intensity workouts.
- And most importantly, have lots of fun enjoying exercise